Test Execution Module
The QACoverage Test Execution module is one part of a fully integrated test management solution. Whether installed locally or used in the cloud, this module allows users to create, organize, and manage test runs as needed for their own software development lifecycle.
At the most basic level, testers can create, edit, execute, and archive test runs. But if users dive deeper into the management software, they will find much more detailed information, abilities, and reporting options.
Test cases can be grouped by any criteria – priority, test type, functional area – and pulled into test runs that can be executed by different assigned testers. Multiple testers can even be assigned to a single test run, and the software takes note of which user ran each individual test case, allowing multiple testers to complete even a single test run.
While executing a test run, testers can modify test case information, add test execution results, update test execution statuses, create and/or link to defects, and even mark individual test steps with their own execution status. The detail entered into each test case during execution is captured and displayed on the execution dashboard giving managers and testers a quick and easy view into the status and progress of test runs. Progress information includes the number of test cases in the test run and the number of executed tests, current and previous test case execution status, linked defects, and assigned testers.
Test runs can be duplicated for regression testing or archived due to extensive application changes. Auto archive options are also available to help keep the repository clean and efficient.
Key Features and Benefits
- Gives the ability to group and run test cases with ease
- Quick pie-chart view of Test Execution status
- Offers full transparency to test case execution and outcome
- Ability to monitor test execution status
- Enables easy connection of defects to test cases during execution
- Ability to group different test cases into different test runs
- Multiple testers can work on executing at the same time
Smooth and Quick Test Case Execution with Complete Insights
Once grouped into test runs, test cases can be easily executed and the test execution updated. Users can view at a glance the status of each test run, including the statuses of each individual test case, either in grid or pie-chart format. Testers can add as much or as little detail as desired for each test case executed.
- Test Case Information – all of the fields in the test case can be edited during the test case execution.
- Test Step Status – Each individual test step can be marked passed, failed, blocked, obsolete, n/a, or incomplete.
- Defect Linking – If needed, defects can be created and/or linked to individual test cases during test execution.
- Test Case Status – Each test case can be marked passed, failed, blocked, obsolete, n/a, or incomplete
- Test Run Assignments – Each Test Run can have multiple users assigned to it, with the system keeping track of which user updates which test case during the test run execution.
Host QACoverage on Your Server
Download the package and host QACoverage for more control and customization.
Perpetual Licenses - You Own It!
Only one single payment with future lifetime free upgrades and expert support. Select Perpetual in "Period"