‘Personal information’ is any information or opinion, in any form, which identifies an individual or from which an individual’s identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
- COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The kinds of personal information we hold:
We gather online information from users/clients who subscribe to our services. This information may include particulars like name, parentage, address, email, fax, numbers, phone numbers and official designation. We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions, to develop and promote our services and to assist us with complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the services you request from us. However, it may include:
- Information you give us when you instruct us to act for you or request another service from us (such as when you respond to an invitation to attend a seminar). This information will include your name, address and contact details;
- Credit card and financial institution information for purchasing our services;
- Information about individuals we collect in the course of performing services; and
- Communications between us and you.
We also collect some information from you when you use our website. Your use of the facilities and services available through our website, including electronic transaction platforms (Paypal, credit card processing through merchant services) will determine the amount and type of information which we collect about you. Some of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity.
The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form when you accept an invitation to attend a seminar, when you provide financial information for the purpose of purchasing our services or booking a seminar, or information you provide to us when you send us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
- COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
As most websites do, we track usage patterns on our website on an anonymous aggregate basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit our website a web server makes a record of your visit. Specifically, it records your:
- Internet Provider
- Date and time of your visit
- Pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- Search items entered
- Referring URLs (universal locators)
- THE WAY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
While in most instances we will collect information directly from the person to whom the information relates, we may require you to provide us with information about third parties.
Accordingly, we may also collect information about you from a third party. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware that you have referred us to them and of the purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
- USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The purposes for which we collect and hold personal information and how we use it. Any personal information which we collect about you will be used and disclosed by us so that we can provide you with the services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions as professional service providers and seeking to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may determine that it is necessary for us to conduct further searches and enquiries regarding the information you have provided us or more generally concerning you or your associates for our regulatory or prudential purposes. This may entail using some or all of the collected information to collect additional information concerning you or your associates (including personal information in the respect of individuals) from various other entities including, but not limited to, government agencies, law enforcement bodies, publicly available records, public registries, court or tribunal records, ratings agencies, search and credit reporting agencies, and regulatory and licensing bodies.
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about other services offered by us (such as seminars). If you would prefer not to receive this information, please let us know and we will respect your request.
- CONTRACTING OUT SERVICES
We may disclose your personal information to our service entities and contract out some of our functions (such as mailing) to external service providers. We may disclose your personal information to these external service providers but only so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The tracking code allows us to collect personal information about you, such as whether you received and opened an email, and whether you clicked through to any links to our website. This information that we collect about you will be stored by our email management system.
- THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The personal information that the email management system collects about you is used by us to:
- ensure that you only receive correspondence that you have informed us that you wish to receive
- determine whether the information that we send to your is suitable for you interests, information needs and profile
- ensure that the email address that you have provided us is still operational
- determine whether emails that we send to you are received by you
- update a request that you make to us to unsubscribe from a publication that we send to you
- review the effectiveness and relevance of our emails to you by collecting other statistical information
- OVERSEAS TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only transfer your personal information overseas if:
- we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a law or a contract which effectively upholds privacy principles similar to the NPPs;
- you have consented to the transfer;
- the transfer is necessary for us to provide you with your requested services;
- it is not practical to obtain your consent, the transfer is for your benefit and your consent would likely be given; or
- SENSETIVE INFORMATION
‘Sensitive information’ is a specific type of personal information that includes health information and information about a persons’ race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
We will only collect your sensitive information if:
- you have expressly consented to us doing so;
- we are required to do so by law; or
- the collection is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We encourage all requests for access to your personal information to be directed to the Privacy Officer by email or by writing to the address below.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. In some cases, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you. This includes circumstances where giving you access:
- Would be unlawful
- Would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy
- Would prejudice negotiations we are having with you
- Would prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity
- Would prejudice activities carried out by, or for, a law enforcement agency
If we refuse to give you access we will provide you with reasons for our refusal. Generally, if you request us to do so we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with your view about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, and you ask us to associate with that record a statement that you have a contrary view; we will take reasonable steps to do so.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Attention “Privacy Officer” OCCYGEN, LLC, 276 5th Ave Suite 704, New York, NY 10001
- ADDITIONAL CLAUSES
- Use of Information: The QA Mentor uses this information to comply with various legal and regulatory requirements regarding maintenance of this website and offering of services to our Clients.
- Sharing of Information: The QA Mentor may share this information with its executives and employees in course of processing your work or providing services to you. QA Mentor may also be required by any process of law to share this information with Government or Law Enforcement Agencies. QA Mentor keeps the information collected from you with utmost care and adequate security measures are in place to protect this information.
- Exclusion of Liability: The QA Mentor will not be liable towards any user or client regarding any theft or loss of such information due to reasons or forces beyond its control except in the manner provided by the law.
- Contacts: QA Mentor through its employees and executives will be contacting you from time to time regarding any service availed by you or any business query submitted by you as well as to bring to your notice new services, features and offers through phone, fax or e mail.
- Secure Card Transactions: QA Mentor uses secured servers for online Credit and Debit Card transactions.